Here we are at the end. I’ve really enjoyed being 25 and will miss it. I’ll be forwarding a few things from this list onto my 26 Things. Eck, 26. Even the number looks old.
Here’s what I did.
1. Knit something. 2. Create a budget.
3. Go Paleo for a month.
Nope. Oh well. I really enjoyed this when I did it for two weeks back in 2012 with some Jamba co-workers, so maybe this year.
4. Run 200 miles.
And my final count is 10/200. I’m very pathetic, I know. Please don’t judge me too harshly. I will be forcing myself to run much more as a 26 year old. Even though I’ll be older. Hopefully I don’t break a hip.
5. Complete a three-day juice cleanse.
Oops. I meant to do this over Labor Day Weekend but then didn’t. I won’t be forwarding this to 26, but maybe I’ll still do it sometime in the future.
6. Cook 25 meals.
7. Read Les Misérables.
Since I barely made a dent in this, I’m forwarding this to 26.
8. Fly a kite.
Forwarding to 26.
9. Visit at least two new states. 10. Do a James Bible study. 11. Master a song on the guitar. 12. Read 12 new books.
13. Make edible yogurt.
I never did get to this. To be fair, I did look into it and considered how I might do it, but that was during the summer when the humidity of Massachusetts was sogging up my brain and the thought of having to control the yogurt temperature stressed me out. So maybe I’ll save this for another time.
14. Complete a Photo-a-Day challenge for a month. 15. Do an Acts Bible study.
16. Use a sewing machine.
I’ve been wanting to do this for a while now. Maybe I should just buy a sewing machine… forwarding to 26.
17. Master drawing Snow White. 18. Try 12 new restaurants in San Francisco.
19. Do a Philippians Bible study.
Forwarding to 26.
20. Bake a pie from scratch. 21. Visit three museums.
22. Organize my music library.
Maybe 26 will be the year for this.
23. Organize my pictures.
24. Ride on a hot air balloon. 25. Catch up on Arrested Development.
And there we have it. I’m pretty happy with this final result–15/25. Technically that’s like a D grade, but I’m not in school anymore so whatever. I feel like I accomplished a lot this year, aside from this list. So here’s to growing older, and hopefully wiser and more graceful?