Visiting Seattle

This post is waaaay overdue, and so much has happened since this trip–I live in Boston now!–but I’ll get to that later. For now, here’s a recap of our Seattle trip.

A month ago, Steph and I flew to Seattle to visit Valerie at her Medina house. It was such a great trip. We flew up there Friday morning and came back Sunday night (technically Monday morning–that part wasn’t so great, but that’s ok).

Day One:
Valerie and Elle picked us up at the airport and we drove to Pike Place Market. We walked around a little and after some pictures and donuts, headed to the house. Medina is a lovely little town, and also happens to be where Bill Gates lives. After hanging around the house for a little bit, we went shopping at University Village, and of course, got some Starbucks. Later that night, Val, Steph, and I went to dinner at the Flying Fish, and ate oh so much crab. I was surprised to discover that the sun sets MUCH later in Seattle, so it was nice to be out walking in the city in daylight, even though it was 8:30 PM.

Day Two:
On Saturday we woke up, got ready, and had some breakfast, then Valerie, Elle, and Brian dropped Steph and me off at the Space Needle. Fortunately, it was a beautiful, clear day in Seattle, so we were able to see all the views from up top. I even met a couple who were visiting from Boston, and chatted with them a little about how I’d be moving there in a few weeks. So great. After the Space Needle, Steph and I took the Monorail to Westlake Center. From there we walked around a little and grabbed some mini pizzas from Mod before heading back to the Seattle Center to meet up with Valerie and Elle. We then went on a duck tour, which was extra special since the routes were all different due to the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon and 1/2 Marathon. I had never been on a duck tour, but it was great way to see the city and learn random facts, which I love. After the tour, we headed back to the house and Steph and I walked around Medina with Elle then took her to the playground down the road. That girl has SO. MUCH. ENERGY. Oh to be four years old again. Back at home, we ate some pizza from Pagliacci then went to the movies. Steph and I saw Much Ado About Nothing while Valerie and Elle saw Monsters University. We all really liked our movies, so that was good. Then we called it a night and went to bed.



Day Three:
Sunday morning after breakfast, Valerie and Elle dropped Steph and me off at the Seattle Center so that we could spend some time exploring the city a little more on our own. We took the Monorail to Westlake Center then walked to Pike Place Market. After exploring the market a little more, we got some mac and cheese and fresh curds from Beecher’s. Next stop was Piroshky Piroshky, where we got a potato and mushrom piroshky, a mushroom, chicken, and potato piroshky, and an apple cinnamon piroshky. From there we stood in line at the first Starbucks. I must say, I probably had the best iced coffee there that I’ve ever had from a Starbucks. I also bought from premium Pike Place beans and a mug as a souvenir. Because I really need more mugs (ha). After walking around a little more, we headed back towards Westlake Center and did a little shopping. Then Valerie and Elle picked us up, and we drove around a little more before heading to the airport. Our flight was scheduled to leave at 7:35 PM, so we arrived at about 5 PM to give us time to go through security and grab some dinner. Security took about a half hour, and once we got through the gate, we discovered that our flight had been delayed to 10:30 PM. We found a place to camp out (and charge our devices) then took turns walking around the terminals and getting food. I got some salmon fish and chips from Anthony’s Fish Bar, since salmon is so Seattle-y. The airport is really nice, and all of the terminals are connected, so you can pretty much walk around everywhere. As the evening progressed, we discovered that, apparently thanks to fog, our flight was going to be even more delayed. We finally began boarding at about 11:30 PM, and our flight finally took off at midnight. We arrived in SFO a little before 2 AM, so when we got home, we went straight to bed.



And that was our trip. There is so much to do in Washington, so I look forward to our next visit out there. On the list already: Bainbridge Island, Snoqualmie Falls, and the Seattle Art Museum. Until next time, Seattle.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s