I’m still on a blogging hiatus, but life is starting to settle down. So here is an update on my 23 things.
1. Be able to watch a movie in Italian and understand 95% of what the people are saying. I.e., learn Italian once and for all!
-Yeah haven’t gotten too far on this one. Although now that I have a fairly long commute, I’m planning on listening to Italian podcasts.
2. Identify which is which in a Coca-Cola/Pepsi challenge.
-We tried doing this at Chris’ Super Bowl Party this past Sunday, but it wasn’t really an accurate experience since the Coke had been open for a while and wasn’t as bubbly as the Pepsi. So I’ll need to try this again.
3. Read the entire Bible.
-Yesterday, Reality SF had an Understanding+Interpreting the Bible class last night. The point of this goal was to better learn Scripture, so I don’t know that I’ll actually read through the whole Bible, book to book by the time I’m 24. That sounds so funny. Anyway, so I’m editing this goal: I want to become a student of the Word, even if that means it takes me a year to get through a book.
4. Read at least one book a month.
-This has been harder than I thought. During the first two weeks in December when I didn’t have a job yet, I read five books. Like a weirdo. Hopefully this will pick up though, due to commuting. Oh the pros of public transportation.
5. Create and stick to a budget and savings plan.
-Yeah I should get on this.
6. Follow an exercise regime.
-This too. Although I am joining the gym very soon. So there we go.
7. Eat more fruits and vegetables.
-I’ve definitely been eating more fruits since I’ve been 23. Now I just need to get on the vegetables.
8. Finally learn how to strum properly on the guitar.
-Eck. I must practice.
9. Become a San Francisco navigational pro.
-This has been going well, but it isn’t something I’d cross off the list anytime soon.
10. Drink more water.
-And check. But this also does not get to be crossed off.
11. Disallow myself from putting off on removing chipped nail polish from my nails.
-Sarah and I went and got mani/pedis two weeks ago, and I was sure to remove my nail polish this past weekend, since it was getting close to being not pretty.
12. Attempt to knit or crochet.
-Haven’t tried this yet.
13. Attempt to sew something on a sewing machine.
-Eck I’m scared to try this lol.
14. Go geocaching.
-Franklin’s been wanting to do this for a while now, so we just need a free Saturday.
15. Develop proper sleeping habits.
-Yeah… not sure how this is going to happen, but I’m working on it.
16. Stop saying “like” as often.
-This has been easier than I thought it would be, so that’s good to know. Maybe I should work on not saying “so” before a sentence so much. When I went to a Toast Masters meeting at UCSB, I went up and spoke for (I think) three minutes, and the person noting what kind of “filler” words you say (and how often you say them) noted that I used “so” seven times. I hadn’t even realized I say it so much until I heard that. (But we’ll see if I decide to do this. It’s such a useful story-telling word, lol.)
17. Get a better idea as to how I’ll get to grad school and what I want to study.
-This is a little easier, now that I’m getting work experience.
18. Be craftier.
-I attempted to work on this by deciding I would make Valentine’s Day cards for my friends and mail them out, but that didn’t happen. So don’t expect anything–sorry. Maybe I’ll just make random cards or something, haha.
19. Go to Disneyland in the fall.
20. Make pancakes more often.
-Haha, one day I came home and found a box of pancake mix in my room from my mom. Still haven’t made any yet though. Maybe I will this weekend.
Go shooting at a shooting range.
-Aaaannnnnddd done. Franklin took me and Tiff to Jackson Arms in South City the day after my birthday and taught us how to shoot. It was pretty fun.
22. Visit more museums.
-Still haven’t been to a museum as a 23 year old.
23. Imagine myself 23 years past 23 years.
Alright, so that’s that. And now it is waaaay past my bedtime. Good night.